We have the opportunity as a church to share the love of Jesus with the homeless in our area, and help to provide for their needs. Please consider one or more of the following volunteer opportunities, and sign up at the bottom of this page.
For a video telling more about the Interfaith Hospitality Network program works, click here.
HOSPITALITY SITE: Indian Creek Church of the Brethren, 821 Main Street, Harleysville, PA 19438
- Dinner Volunteers
• Families and/or individuals bring the evening meal and eat with the participant families. Meal should arrive at 5:45.
• Participant families are responsible for setting the table and cleaning up after the meal.
• A prayer should be said before the meal.
• Dinner volunteers stay at the church until the overnight volunteers arrive.
- Overnight & Morning Transportation Volunteers
• Two volunteers are needed every night to “sleep over” at the church and to interact with the families during the evening hours.
• Arrive no later than 7:30pm and leave after transporting families in the morning.
• Families are encouraged to bring their children.
• At least one female overnight volunteer is needed (because of the predominant makeup of the participant families.)
• Inter-Faith provides cots for volunteers, but volunteers need to bring their own sleeping bag/bedding and pillow.
• Use their own cars to drive participant families to the day center in Souderton at approximately 7am. (Families will already have needed car seats for infants and children. All seat belt and car seat laws must be followed.)
- Afternoon Transportation Volunteers
• Transport from Day Center in Souderton to Indian Creek Church of the Brethren at 5:30pm.
• Families will already have needed car seats for infants and children.
• All seat belt and car seat laws must be followed.
- Child Care Volunteers
• Need a few people that would be willing to be on an “on call” list when/if a need for child care arises. (We don’t expect this to happen often.)
• Must have at least one adult volunteer. Adults must have Child Safety Clearances on file at Grace Community Church.
• Teenagers and children are welcome to help.
- Linen Laundering Volunteer
• One person to be willing to do laundry on an as-needed basis. (Laundry facilities are available to the families at the day center, so we only anticipate help being needed in rare unforeseen circumstances outside of the day center hours.)
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Robin Witter: (215)723-3403 home, (267)664-2490 cell, email Robin
- Ginny Jefferis: (215)896-4977 cell, email Ginny — or Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday at the GCC office (215) 799-2212 or email church office
To volunteer, please fill in the form below. Thank you!